Have I got a veganized comfort classic for you!
And, since you may very well be living off pantry staples, this here is an easy way to make use of that old can of chickpeas you bought two weeks ago to top up your dry storage supply 😉
Seriously, I do very much remember enjoying egg salad sandwiches in my pre-vegan days. And with this recipe, I promise you’ll find yourself happily content with those old nostalgic feels of school lunch on the playground.
What You Need:
- 1/2 package medium tofu (approx. 6 oz)
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup celery
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 pickle diced
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonaise (I use Earth’s own)
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper to taste
- 2 pieces bread & 1 handful of spinach or greens to sandwich
What To Do:
- In blender or food processor, add tofu, chickpeas, ½ of the celery and ½ of the onions. Pulse lightly and leave chunky.
- Transfer mix to a large bowl. Dice the remaining celery, onion, and the pickle and add these, and all other ingredients to the bowl.
- Stir and serve on your choice of whole grain bread with fresh spinach or lettuce.
Eat up and enjoy! Save any remaining Faux Egg mix in fridge for up to 7 days.