What better day than International Taco Day to share my yummy Lentil Quinoa tacos!
These bad boys are full of texture, flavour and packed with protein, AND they only require one pot. How’s that for an easy weeknight dinner?
All you need to worry about is remembering to pick up some corn, wheat or gluten free tortillas & deciding on your toppings.
You can keep things simple with a little cabbage, salsa & a squeeze of lime or take things up a notch and add my Vegan Cashew Cheez Sauce & guac. You do you boo 😉
What You Need: ‘Taco Meat’
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 an onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp minced garlic (approx. 1 clove)
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cups water divided
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- Taco seasoning (or use spice mix below)
What You Need: Spice Mix
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
What To Do:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot.
- Add onion & garlic and sauté until onions are soft.
- Add taco seasoning or ‘spice mix’ and mix until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in lentils, broth and 3/4 cups water. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid & add quinoa and remaining water. Stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil, then cover with lid & simmer another 15 minutes.
- Remove lid if necessary to cook off any excess liquid.
- Serve taco ‘meat’ on tortillas with toppings of your choosing! A fan fav in our house is the addition of my Vegan Cashew Cheez Sauce.
That’s it. Happy Taco Night!