Would you believe it if I told you before I went vegan, I swore I could NEVER give up cheese…
How the times have changed!
To be honest, I don’t even miss it anymore! And trust me when I say, I know how crazy that sounds. But honestly, with so many vegan options (like the one I’m about to share) you might be saying it in time too!
Okay, onto the sauce!
This here is a foolproof way to indulge in some creamy, savoury, gooey goodness, without the dairy & it’s also a fab recipe to serve up to your doubtful non vegan friends… Because it’s delicious and it’ll have everyone going back for more (that’s how it’s gone in my experience anyways).
This one is a go to for pasta in our house, but also works great on steamed veggies, potatoes, tacos and even dolloped onto pizzas.
Bonus: this recipes takes no more than 5 minutes to make, and requires nothing more than throwing the ingredients into your food processor or blender…
My kinda sauce, if you ask me boss 😉
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup non dairy milk (I like unsweetened cashew or coconut best)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
What To Do:
- If possible, this recipe turns out creamiest, when leave your cashews to soak for an hour or two prior (Especially if you will be using a blender over a food processor)
- Place all ingredients into your blender or food processor & pulse, then blend until smooth.
- Pour atop your preferred base & enjoy!
*If you’re wanting a thicker sauce, you can start with 1/2 cup non dairy milk & add until desired texture is reached.